The Car Trip is a story that involves Michael Rosen and Brian Rosen annoying their mom about wanting snacks and other stuff on a car trip. This story comes from the book The Hypnotiser and was reissued for the 2015 book Mad In The Back.
DISCLAIMER: This is a transcript for a video of Michael performing the poem/book, not a transcript from the actual poem/book itself.
The Car Trip.
Mum says "Right you two. This is a long car journey. I'm driving, and I can't drive properly if you two are going mad in the back. Do you understand?"
So we go "Okay Mum, okay. Don't worry about it!" And off we go... and we start the moaning.
"Can I have a drink? I want some crisps. Can I open my window? He's got my book. Get off me! That's my ear!"
And Mum tries to be exciting. "Look out the window! There's a lamppost."
And then we go on "Can I have a sweet? He's sitting on me. Are we nearly there? Don't scratch! You never tell him off. Now he's biting his nails. I wanna drink, I wanna drink."
And mum tries to be exciting again. "Look out the window! There's a tree."
Then we go on, "My hands are sticky. He's playing with the door handle now. I feel a bit sick actually. Your nose is all runny. Don't pull my hair! He's punching me, Mum! That's really dangerous, you know?! Mum! He's spitting!"
And mum says, "Right! I'm stopping the car, I am stopping the car!"
She stops the car, "Now, if you two don't stop it, I'm gonna put you out the car and leave you by the side of the road."
"He started it!" "No he started..."
[facepalm] "I don't care who started it, I can't drive properly if you two go mad in the back. Do you understand?"
And we go "Okay Mum, okay. Don't worry about it!"
"Can I have a driiiiiiink?"
Use in YTPsEdit
- The ending where Michael says "Can I have a driiiiiiink?" is used often in Michael Rosen YTPMVs.
- "Get off me!" is often used in sex references in YTP.
- The facepalm is often connected to the stupid and/or obvious answer to an unoriginal/overused joke.
- ”I don’t care!” is used a lot in a YTPs.
- The "driiiiiiink" sound is often used by Mad Mothz. He takes the sound and puts it over a color bar off-air image to replace the 440 hertz tone, but it's trimmed to the long "iiiiiii" sound. He uses it for Michael purposefully failing a joke, and uses the color bars and "iiiiiii" sound for the Take number marker.