Me And My Brother is a poem from Michael's book 'The Hypnotiser'.
Me And My Brother.
Me and my brother, we sit up in bed, doing my dad's sayings. I go to bed first, and I'm just dozing off, and I hear a funny voice going, "Never let me see you doing that again," and it's my brother. Poking his finger out, just like my dad, going, "Never let me see you doing that again." And so I join in, and we're both going! "Never let me see you doing that again." So what happens? Next time I get into trouble, and my dad is telling me off, and he's going, "Never let me see you doing that again." So I'm looking up and my dad and I'm going, "Sorry, Dad. Yeah. Sorry." And I suddenly catch sight of my brother's big face poking out from behind my dad. And while my dad is poking me with his finger in time with the words, "Never let me see you doing that again." Just where I can see him, my brother is saying the words as well, with his mouth, without making a sound. So I start laughing. And so my dad says, "And it's no laughing matter." Of course, my brother knows that one as well and he's going with his mouth, "And it's no laughing matter." But my dad's not stupid, he knows something's going on, so he looks round, and there's my brother, with his finger poking out just like my dad. And I'm standing there laughing. Oh no! And that's when we get into Really, Big, Trouble.
Okay, we got there in the ne-
- Michael says "Okay, we got there in the ne-" a few seconds after he ends the poem which was not in the original poem and clearly an error, either Joe Rosen forgot to turn off the camera or there was an editing error.
- Also, it takes Michael a few seconds before reading the title of the poem. By the time he reads it, the title fades off the screen.
Used in poops Edit
- Poopers like to use the pause before Michael reads the title in their YTP's.
- Michael Rosen saying "Oh no!" is used often in YTPMVs.
- "Okay, we got there in the ne-"